Students at Saint Gregory’s are celebrating their first ever set of A-Level results and have already more than matched local and national figures. 96% of A-Level entries achieved A*-E, 50% achieved A*-B and 20% of all entries achieved A*-A.
79% of students achieved at least 3 A*-E passes which is above the local and national figure for 2014.
Among the students who were delighted with their results were:
- Emily Codd who achieved A*AA and is going to Loughborough University to study Sport and Exercise Science
- Carmina Davis who achieved AAA and is going to The University of Manchester to study Geography with International Study
- Daniel Wilmot who achieved ABA and is going to The University of Southampton to study Mathematics and Physics
- Olivia Woodington, who joined the sixth form from a local school in September 2013, achieved ABA and is going to The University of Birmingham to study American and Canadian Studies
- Tim Craine who achieved ABB and is going to The University of Bath to study Biomedical Sciences
Saint Gregory’s opened a sixth form in September 2013 in collaboration with St Mark’s Church of England School in Bath, Clifton Diocese, Bath and Wells Diocese and B&NES Local Authority. Places are available in the sixth form, known as the New Sixth, to students from Saint Gregory’s and St Mark’s. There are also places available to students from other schools.
Raymond Friel, Headteacher of Saint Gregory’s said, “It is a pleasure to see our first cohort of sixth form students do so well in their exams. The students have worked very hard and deserve their excellent results, their teachers and support staff have worked tirelessly to establish our sixth form and to support our first group of students so well. These results give us all a great deal of confidence in our ability to run an excellent sixth form. It should also give any students thinking of joining us the confidence that they will flourish here in a caring and supportive environment with a commitment to the highest academic standards.”
Christine Boardman, Director of Sixth Form at Saint Gregory’s said, “We are very pleased for our students who have achieved such outstanding results. They are a delightful group and they deserve their success. It is very satisfying to see so many of them being offered places in their university of choice. We wish them well for the next stage of their journey.”