We are recruiting for a talented and enthusiastic Cover Supervisor to join our supportive and friendly team from January 2019.
The successful candidate will work as a Cover Supervisor and take charge of whole classes during the short term absence of teachers. When not required to provide cover the post-holder will also be part of our Student Support provision offering learning support to our students and administration support to colleagues.
Applicants must possess a minimum of five GCSE passes at Grade C or equivalent including literacy and numeracy and have the ability to safely manage classroom activities and the physical learning space. It is essential that applicants have experience of individual work or group work with children and young people, ideally within a school setting.
Applications are invited from individuals who are currently either working as a Cover Supervisor or an exceptional and aspiring education professional who is ready to take the next step in their career and can demonstrate:
- Experience of individual work or group work with children, young people and families;
- An understanding of child and family dynamics and child development;
- Knowledge of national curriculum and other learning programmes;
- A flexible and engaging approach, inspiring students to achieve their very best;
- Ability to manage safely classroom activities and the physical learning space.
In return, the successful candidate can expect:
- Outstanding professional support
- A vibrant and dynamic student body that deserves the very best in teaching and support
- Free on-site parking
- Childcare Voucher Scheme
- Well-being Scheme
- Access to the Local Government Pension Scheme
- A positive student body who love learning
Contract type: Permanent, 32.5 hours per week, term time only plus ALL INSET days
Salary: Grade O SCP 17-19 £14,028 – £14,612 (actual)
Closing date: Sunday 16 December 2018, midnight
Interviews: Thursday 20 December 2018
If you would like to be a part of this successful and thriving school and are a highly motivated individual, we would like to hear from you. For an open conversation about the role and/or to arrange a visit prior to application, please contact the HR Manager, Mrs Jae Crowley on 01225 832873 or email email@example.com to arrange a suitable time.
We are an equal opportunities employer and are committed to the safeguarding and welfare of our students and expect all staff to share this commitment. An enhanced disclosure from the Disclosure and Barring Service is required for all successful applicants.
Details of our Child Protection Policy can be found on our website at http://www.st-gregorys.org.uk/useful-information/key-documents/
Applications should be posted or emailed to the HR Manager at Saint Gregory’s, Combe Hay Lane, Odd Down, Bath, BA2 8PA. They may also be submitted by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note that we are unable to accept CVs.