This is an exciting opportunity for a talented and enthusiastic Family Support and Attendance Officer to join as a key member of the Safeguarding Team in an Ofsted rated ‘outstanding’, high-performing and over-subscribed school.
The successful candidate will be the lead professional working to identify students with safeguarding needs, supporting them on their educational journey and enabling them to achieve their full potential at Saint Gregory’s.
Experience or knowledge of the importance of child protection, safeguarding and data protection are essential, together with the ability to communicate effectively, positively and with confidence. We are seeking a colleague who is stead-fast in their commitment to supporting young people, inspires positivity in others and can demonstrate a vision for the on-going development of our Safeguarding Team as a centre of excellence.
Applications are invited from individuals who are currently either working within a safeguarding or child protection environment or an exceptional and dedicated professional who is ready to take the next step in their career and can demonstrate:
- Knowledge and understanding of child protection, safeguarding and data protection;
- At least two years’ experience of working with children and their families to provide early help and support;
- The ability to communicate effectively and appropriately to a range of stakeholders;
- A flexible and engaging approach that promotes collaborative working to positively impact on children’s
- Sensitivity, respect and kindness to children and their families.
In return, the successful candidate can expect:
- Outstanding professional support
- A vibrant and dynamic student body that deserves the very best in teaching and support
- Free on-site parking
- Childcare Voucher Scheme
- Well-being Scheme
- Access to the Local Government Pension Scheme
- A positive student body who love learning
Contract type: Fixed term from Jan 2019 to Dec 2019, full time, term time only plus 2 INSET days
Salary: Grade M SCP 25-28 £19,500 – £21,500 (actual)
Closing date: Wednesday 12 December 2018, midnight
Interviews: Monday 17 December 2018
If you would like to be a part of this successful and thriving school and are a highly motivated individual, we would like to hear from you. For an open conversation about the role and/or to arrange a visit prior to application, please contact the HR Manager, Mrs Jae Crowley on 01225 832873 or email firstname.lastname@example.org to arrange a suitable time.
We are an equal opportunities employer and are committed to the safeguarding and welfare of our students and expect all staff to share this commitment. An enhanced disclosure from the Disclosure and Barring Service is required for all successful applicants.
Details of our Child Protection Policy can be found on our website at http://www.st-gregorys.org.uk/useful-information/key-documents/
Applications should be posted or emailed to the HR Manager at Saint Gregory’s, Combe Hay Lane, Odd Down, Bath, BA2 8PA. They may also be submitted by email to: email@example.com. Please note that we are unable to accept CVs.