Students at Saint Gregory’s were ecstatic this morning as they opened their A Level results, celebrating impressive headline achievements across all subject areas. Students once again excelled and improved on results from last year despite the national outlook, which predicted dramatically lower levels of attainment, as a result of a higher degree of challenge and rigour.
Amongst the headline figures, results data shows that:
- 72% secured A*-C grades
- Almost half of all results were at the highly coveted A*-B grades
- 97% of all A Level entries achieved A*-E pass grade
- 100% A*-B grades across the school’s performing arts specialism
Ms Cusack, was thrilled with the outcome, praising staff and students for their commitment and hard work: “I would like to congratulate all of our students on their well-deserved achievements today. I’m very proud of everyone, not only for their exam successes, but for their amazing contributions to our school community. For many of our students it’s been a seven-year journey and, throughout their time at St Gregory’s and The New Sixth, we have watched them grow and develop into amazing young adults who are ready to take their place in the world and begin the next stage in their journey. Our students now progress to university, employment and higher-level apprenticeships to enjoy the many opportunities made available to them as a result of their success in sixth form and we congratulate everyone on their many successes.”
Director of Sixth Form, Miss Butler, added: “We are so proud of this year’s cohort who have successfully secured places in top universities, including Oxbridge and the Russell Group, equipped with a portfolio of qualifications, skills and experiences that will enable them to embrace the challenges of undergraduate life with confidence and enthusiasm. For the first time, we have candidates going to both Oxford and Cambridge which is absolutely outstanding and so exciting!”
“These excellent results are the culmination of endeavour in both academic and extracurricular pursuits as students have balanced A Level study alongside their Extended Project Qualification, volunteering, Duke of Edinburgh and performing arts commitments, to name a few. Knowing that our students are leaving us equipped with the skills and qualifications necessary to thrive in any environment is a cause of celebration and it has been a huge privilege to be a part of their success.”
Among the students who were delighted with their results were:
- Dan P who achieved three A* grades in Maths, Physics and Geography and will now progress to Lancaster University to study Environmental Science;
- Paolo J who achieved three A* grades in Geography, Maths and Physics and is hoping to accept a place at Cambridge University to study Natural Science;
- Rose M who achieved outstanding success across STEM subjects with two A* grades and one A grade in Maths, Chemistry and Biology securing her place to study Medicine at Leeds University;
- Ellie B who achieved one A* and three A grades and is now going to Edinburgh University to study Social Anthropology;
- Anna W who achieved two A* grades in Geography and English Literature as well as a B grade in Chemistry, securing her a place at Leeds University to study International Sustainability and Environmental Management.
- Lamorna V who has accepted a place at Oxford University to study Philosophy and Ethics after achieving AAB in her A Levels.
Students wishing to discuss their future or who may be considering their options for this September are invited to contact The New Sixth on 01225 838232 or email email@example.com to find out more about courses and opportunities available. The office will be manned intermittently throughout the holidays but we will get back to you as soon as we can to answer any queries.
The New Sixth Open Evening will be held on Tuesday 15 October 6.00pm – 8.00pm for students considering their choices for September 2020. For further information about courses available at The New Sixth or details on how to apply, click here.