GCSE Results 2017
In 2017, students and staff at St Gregory’s celebrated another outstanding year of GCSE exam success.
Headline results set the school as one of the highest achieving locally with 74% of all students achieving the traditional measure of 5 GCSEs at A*-C, including English and maths, with an incredible 31% of all GCSE results at A*-A.
Students’ achievements in the English Baccalaureate, one of the main measures of attainment for schools, once again, showed sustained success as students achieved a record-high of A* to C grades in core academic subjects (English, maths, science, a language, and history or geography). 48% of students at Saint Gregory’s achieved the English Baccalaureate this year compared to a national average of just 25% in 2016.
There were many notable individual achievements, including:
- Rose M who achieved the highest possible grades with 3 at the new grade 9 and 7 at A*
Students achieving 10 GCSEs all at A-A* or grade 7-9 include:
- Rosie B-R
- Caitlin D
- Mikee E
- Louise N
- Daniel P
- Leilah R
- Carmen W
Further success came for the following students achieving 9 GCSEs all at A-A* or grade 7-9:
- Ysabelle B
- Emma B
- Anna C
- Caitlin C
- Abigail E
- Nicole F-C
- Harry G
- Talia H
- Paolo J
- Adrian S-W
- Alec S
- Anna W
For further information on exam results can be found here or on the DfE website.
A Level Results 2017
In 2017, students at Saint Gregory’s celebrated after their success in the sixth form’s third set of A Level results and have already more than matched local and national figures. 91% of A Level entries achieved A*-E, 50% achieved A*-B and 28% achieved A*-A.
Among the students who were delighted with their results were:
- Aimee L who achieved three A* grades and is now going on to Cambridge University to read Veterinary Science
- Ope G who achieved three A* grades and is taking a gap-year before studying Medicine
- Joe O’D who achieved one A* and two A grades and is now going to Leeds University to study Philosophy, Politics and Economics
- Tom D who achieved one A* and two A grades and is now going to Bristol University to study Physics
- Marta C who achieved one A* and two A grades to secure a place at Bristol University to study Veterinary Science
- Marina G who achieved A*, A, and B grades and is now going on to East Anglia University to study Medicine.