“I was really excited to come to such an awesome place like Saint Gregory’s. I have met so many amazing people across all years and even have friends in the sixth form! Everyone is so caring and kind and they really encourage you to be yourself, try new things and aspire to be a good person.”
Ophelia, Year 7
We are currently consulting on Admissions Arrangements for Year 7 entry in 2021.
Further information can be found in the documentation below.
Admissions for Year 7
Moving from primary to secondary can be daunting, but it can also be an exciting experience too! At Saint Gregory’s, we work with you and your child’s school to make the journey a happy one so that, when the first day arrives, the adventure is less worrying and more about being a part of our family.
We think it’s important to create a clear pathway to secondary school so that everyone knows what to expect at every stage.
- A range of primary events held at Saint Gregory’s to help children familiarise themselves with the school and our staff;
- Taster Days to introduce subjects they may not have tried before;
- Masterclasses to build on subject knowledge and explore new topics and ways of learning;
- Activity days to introduce a broad and engaging range of enrichment activities.
Our transition programme continues throughout Year 6 and new pupils who choose Saint Gregory’s can expect to visit the school often ahead of the new academic year.
- A personal visit for our feeder primary schools, prior to coming to Saint Gregory’s;
- A warm welcome at our Transition Evening;
- An exciting Transition Day in July to help prepare your son/daughter for Year 7;
- A special Year 7 only Induction Day on their first day in September;
- A team building day and pastoral retreat during your first term to support your child as they establish new friendships;
- An opportunity to act as a School Ambassador at our autumn open events, sharing their journey and experiences of Saint Gregory’s with younger pupils.
For parents and carers considering a place at Saint Gregory’s for entry into Year 7, we would advise that in the first instance parents/carers follow the guidance as issued by B&NES at http://www.bathnes.gov.uk/services/schools-colleges-and-learning/admissions-schools or your home Local Authority.
Application forms must be submitted directly to the home Local Authority, to arrive no later than 23.59 hours on 31 October.
If your child is a baptised Catholic, you must also provide a copy of the baptism certificate to the school, even if you already have a child attending our school. Please ensure you return this with your Supplementary Information Form, if relevant.
If you need advice on making an application to Years 7-11 at St Gregory’s, please contact our Admissions Manager, Mrs H Quinn on 01225 832873. For enquiries to sixth form, please contact Mrs K Nokes on 01225 838232.
General Admissions for Years 8-11
We recognise that children change schools for a variety of reasons from moving home to changes in family circumstances. Choosing a school is not a decision that families take lightly and we aim to support you through this process, ensuring a smooth transition for your son/daughter.
If you wish to change your child’s school and would like to speak to us about a place at Saint Gregory’s, please contact our Admissions Manager, Mrs Quinn, who will be able to offer advice and guidance on making an application.
To make an application to Saint Gregory’s for an In-Year Admission, parents and carers are advised to complete the In-Year Application Form detailed below and to follow the guidance as provided.
If you need advice on making an application to Years 7-11 at St Gregory’s, please contact our Admissions Manager, Mrs H Quinn on 01225 832873. For enquiries to sixth form, please contact Mrs K Nokes on 01225 838232 or visit Sixth Form Admissions.