Examination Results 2019
The New Sixth students and staff celebrated impressive headline achievements across all subject areas in 2019. Once again, students excelled and improved on results from last year despite the national outlook, which predicted dramatically lower levels of attainment, as a result of a higher degree of challenge and rigour.
Amongst the headline figures, results data shows that:
- 97% of all A Level entries achieved A*-E pass grade
- 72% achieved A*-C
- Almost 1/2 of all grades were at the highly coveted A*-B grade
- 20% achieved A*-A
- 100% A*-B grades across the performing arts, a specialism at Saint Gregory’s
Among the students who were delighted with their results were:
- Dan P who achieved three A* grades in Maths, Physics and Geography and will now progress to Lancaster University to study Environmental Science;
- Paolo J who achieved three A* grades in Geography, Maths and Physics and is hoping to accept a place at Cambridge University to study Natural Science;
- Rose M who achieved outstanding success across STEM subjects with two A* grades and one A grade in Maths, Chemistry and Biology securing her place to study Medicine at Leeds University;
- Ellie B who achieved one A* and three A grades and is now going to Edinburgh University to study Social Anthropology;
- Anna W who achieved two A* grades in Geography and English Literature as well as a B grade in Chemistry, securing her a place at Leeds University to study International Sustainability and Environmental Management.
- Lamorna V who has accepted a place at Oxford University to study Philosophy and Ethics after achieving AAB in her A Levels.
The New Sixth continues to offer exceptional sixth form education for students, striving for academic excellence across a broad curriculum offer. Students at The New Sixth receive outstanding teaching coupled with advice and guidance for sustained improvement and progress in their learning. Further information on courses available can be found here.