Our Teaching Assistants work at the heart of our provision for pastoral and academic care, offering support, guidance and care to our young people. We are seeking exceptional candidates who are excited by the prospect of taking on this highly rewarding and valued role within our school community.
Our students are amazing. They are clever, kind and a joy to work with. They inspire, challenge and drive us as professionals to deliver the highest standards of education and care; to fill their school life with academic rigour, compassion and laughter. School is a busy and varied place of work (definitely not your normal 9-5!) but, as a team, we work together to reach out, find solutions and truly make a difference in the lives of young people.
These are exciting times for the Inclusion department at Saint Gregory’s. Due to the growth in numbers of students that we support with SEND needs, we are:
- Introducing a new structure within the department from September 2021. In addition, all departments in the school will have a teacher ‘champion’ linked to the Inclusion department.
- Moving to a larger area of the school to accommodate our growing team. This space will include a dedicated teaching room with a suite of computers for students, and a separate therapeutic area.
- Providing every Learning Support Assistant with an ‘LSA Toolkit’ that will include a Chrome book and other resources to help support student learning.
- Investing in professional development for all staff, e.g. we are currently working with the MITA (Maximising the Impact of Teaching Assistants) programme.
Applicants must have a minimum of five GCSE (or equivalent) passes at Grade C or above including English and Mathematics and have the flexibility to contribute to in-class support, small group work and one to one support of students with SEND. Equally as important, however, are the ‘softer’ skills needed to engage, inspire and encourage our young people to achieve their very best.
You do not need to have worked as a Learning Support Assistant before, although of course we also welcome applications from experienced professionals seeking a new career challenge in an outstanding school.
We welcome applications from those considering a career in teaching and who are seeking to gain hands-on experience, or who are currently studying for a career in teaching but require flexible, part-time hours to fit in around their studies.
Why you should join Saint Gregory’s:
We passionately believe that every child can discover their own remarkable place in the world and the contribution that you bring to our school deserves its own rewards. As a member of our team, you can expect:
- Outstanding professional support to help you develop your career
- A vibrant and dynamic student body that deserves the very best in teaching and support
- A rewarding and dynamic job role making a real, lasting and positive impact
- A positive and innovative learning culture where well-being and workload are effectively managed
- Access to the Local Government Pension Scheme
If you would like to be a part of this successful and thriving school, and are a suitably qualified and highly motivated professional, we would like to hear from you.
For an open conversation about the role, please Mrs Stack, SEND Manager, by email at firstname.lastname@example.org. to arrange a suitable time.
We are an equal opportunities employer and are committed to the safeguarding and welfare of our students and expect all staff to share this commitment. An enhanced disclosure from the Disclosure and Barring Service is required for all successful applicants.
Details of our Child Protection Policy can be found on our website at https://www.st-gregorys.org.uk/useful-information/key-documents/
Post: Learning Support Assistants (Teaching Assistants)
Contract type: Fixed term to 31 August 2022, pending review and evaluation of new staffing structure.
Full/part time, flexible hours by negotiation. Term time only plus all INSET days.
Hours: Up to 30.83 hours per week. Monday to Friday 8.45am- 3.15pm. Flexible working requests will be considered outside the hours stated.
Salary: Grade 3 SCP 5-6, £19,312 – £19,698 full-time equivalent.
Closing date: Midnight, Thursday 15 July 2021
Interview date: Tuesday 20 July 2021
Please note that due to the current situation with regard to COVID-19 interviews may have to take place remotely. Full details will be given in the invite to interview letter for shortlisted candidates.
Applicants are asked to submit their application to the HR Department by email to email@example.com.
We are not currently able to accept postal applications at this time.
No other material (such as testimonials, résumés or CVs) will be considered during the selection process.
NB Viewers seeing this post advertised on Indeed should access the application pack and candidate information through the ‘Apply on Company site’ or via the following link: