We are seeking talented Learning Support Assistants (Teaching Assistants) with the drive and enthusiasm to support our students on their learning journey through secondary school.
If you are successful you will be joining an established, successful and highly skilled team with outstanding career development opportunities. If you have a particular interest or specialist skills in working with children with Autism then please highlight this within your application form, as there is an opportunity available to take on additional responsibility.
These are exciting times for the Inclusion department at Saint Gregory’s. Due to the growth in numbers of students that we support with SEND needs, we have recently:
- Introduced a new structure within the department with opportunities for colleagues to develop their expertise in key areas. In addition, all departments in the school have a nominated teacher ‘champion’ linked to the Inclusion department.
- Moved to a larger area of the school to accommodate our growing team. This space includes a dedicated teaching room with a suite of computers for students, and a separate therapeutic area / wellbeing area.
- Provided every Learning Support Assistant with an ‘LSA Toolkit’ that includes a Chrome book and other resources to help support student learning.
- Invested in professional development for all staff, e.g. we are currently working with the MITA (Maximising the Impact of Teaching Assistants) programme. Developing the skills and expertise of colleagues is important to us.
- Employed a part-time Deputy SENCo who is a primary specialist and is leading on transition arrangements for students with SEND, as well as our reading and literacy intervention strategy.
Applicants must have a minimum of five GCSE (or equivalent) passes at Grade C or above including English and Mathematics and have the flexibility to contribute to in-class support, small group work and one to one support of students with SEND. Equally as important, however, are the ‘softer’ skills needed to engage, inspire and encourage our young people to achieve their very best.
You do not need to have worked as a Learning Support Assistant (Teaching Assistant) before, although of course we also welcome applications from experienced professionals seeking a new career challenge in an outstanding school.
We welcome applications from those wishing to apply for the maximum number of hours available (30.83) and also those wishing to apply for reduced hours. Please note from a consistency of service delivery perspective candidates applying must be available to work 3 full school days as a minimum.
If you possess the necessary skills and experience and are excited by this opportunity to join our team please submit your application by midnight on Wednesday 31 August 2022. Interviews will be held during the week commencing Monday 5 September 2022.
Further Information & Visits
If you have any further questions please do not hesitate to contact Mrs Stack, SEND Manager, by email at email@example.com. Please note that emails may only be read periodically throughout the summer break.
We are an equal opportunities employer and are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children.
We follow safer recruitment practices and appointments are subject to an enhanced DBS check, satisfactory professional references, qualification verification, overseas certificates of good conduct and the right to work in the UK.
All staff are expected to undertake comprehensive child protection training and must share in the school’s commitment to the safeguarding and wellbeing of our students and staff.
A copy of the Safer Recruitment Policy and our CP Policy can be found on our website at www.st-gregorys.org.uk/useful-information/key-documents.
Post: Learning Support Assistants (Teaching Assistants)
Contract hours: Permanent PLUS 1 x fixed term full-time one year maternity cover. Full/part time, flexible hours by negotiation. Term time only plus all INSET days.
Hours: Up to 30.83 hours per week. Monday to Friday 8.45am- 3.10pm.
Contract type: Permanent PLUS 1 x fixed term full time one year maternity cover.
Salary: Grade 3 SCP 5-6, £19,650 – £20,043 full-time equivalent, actual £14,005 – £14,285.
Closing date: Midnight, Wednesday 31 August 2022.
Interview date: During the week commencing Monday 5 September 2022.
Applicants are asked to submit their application to the HR Department by email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
For an open conversation about the role, please contact Mrs Stack, SEND Manager, by email at email@example.com to arrange a suitable time.
We are not currently able to accept postal applications at this time.
No other material (such as testimonials, résumés or CVs) will be considered during the selection process.
NB Viewers seeing this post advertised on Indeed should access the application pack and candidate information via the following link: