Click image to play Loom video
Examination Board AQA 8582
Subject Leader Mrs McHale
Exam board link https://www.aqa.org.uk/subjects/physical-education/gcse/physical-education-8582/specification-at-a-glance
Loom Link https://www.loom.com/share/44f70bcfc70945f88781daa0f7e5d9c8
What can GCSE Physical Education offer you?
- The chance to participate in and develop your practical abilities in a range of activities, taken from the areas of Invasion Games, Net/Wall Games, Individual activities and Striking/Fielding Games.
- The opportunity to extend your knowledge of the rules and etiquette involved in a variety of sports.
- An introduction to specialised training methods and styles and types of fitness testing.
- Knowledge of the human body and how it responds to exercise.
- Understanding of social factors affecting sports participation.
What you should have?
- An all-round interest in and enthusiasm for Physical activity.
- A willingness to learn new skills and techniques and apply the necessary effort in a variety of different activities.
- An ability to appreciate a scientific approach to studies.
This concentrates on practical performance in three different physical activities in the role of player/performer (one in a team activity, one in an individual activity and a third in either a team or in an individual activity). The final assessment of your practical skills will provide 40% of your final mark. This includes analysis and evaluation of performance to bring about improvement in one activity.
This will involve theoretical work and will be taught in a classroom. Assessment will be in the form of two exams Paper 1 – The human body and movement in physical activity and sport 30% (Applied anatomy and physiology, Movement analysis, Physical training, Use of data).
Paper 2 – Socio-cultural influences and well-being in physical activity and sport 30% (Sports psychology, Socio-cultural influences, Health, fitness and well-being, Use of data). This will contribute towards 60% of the final mark.
This course is an exciting one which provides a mixture of both practical and theoretical activities which adds variety to the GCSE programme. It is both imperative that any student that chooses this course is fully committed to BOTH ELEMENTS of the course. Written homework will be set each week and full P.E. kit must be worn for each practical lesson.
Theory Examination: 60%