This is an excellent opportunity for a talented and enthusiastic Economics or Psychology specialist to lead our newly established Social Sciences Faculty and take their next career move in a high-performing and oversubscribed school.
We are seeking to appoint an ambitious and well-qualified colleague to lead the faculty and influence the strategic development of these highly regarded and popular subjects.
We encourage all candidates interested in applying for this post to submit their application as soon as possible and before the deadline of midnight on Sunday 7 March 2021.
Saint Gregory’s is a popular 11-18 co-educational school, founded on Catholic Christian values and with a strong family and community ethos. These values are the foundation of learning for our students, providing them with an academic start to life that is supportive, nurturing and inspiring. Saint Gregory’s has a well-deserved reputation for academic excellence, outstanding pastoral care and an excellent enrichment programme. Our most recent Ofsted and Diocesan inspections judged us to be outstanding in every area and we are committed to maintaining and developing that high standard.
The successful candidate will be an inspirational teacher who will maintain and enhance our very high academic standards. Applications are welcomed from those wishing to further develop their teaching career with leadership responsibilities in a supportive, forward-thinking and outstanding school.
Candidates must be able to demonstrate:
- A track record of exceptional Economics or Psychology teaching at Key Stage 5
- The ability to teach OCR Cambridge Nationals in Enterprise and Marketing or Child Development at Key Stage 4
- Experience of leading academic success at Key Stages 4 and 5
- Innovative teaching styles to reflect the nature of these dynamic subjects
- Strong leadership skills with the ability to demonstrate successful strategic capability
- Outstanding subject knowledge
- The ability to inspire excellence in students and colleagues
- Enthusiasm and motivation for exemplary teaching and learning
In return, the successful candidates can expect:
- A comprehensive Induction Programme
- Outstanding professional support at every stage of your career
- A strong Continuing Professional Development programme to develop you as an outstanding teacher
- A supportive Senior Leadership Team
- Opportunities to work in a dynamic and supportive faculty with excellent facilities
- Access to the Teachers’ Pension Scheme
- A positive student body who love learning
For an open conversation about the role, please contact Mrs Gormley, PA to the Headteacher, by email firstname.lastname@example.org to arrange a suitable time.
We are an equal opportunities employer and are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. We follow safer recruitment practices and appointments are subject to an enhanced DBS check prior of employment. Details of our Child Protection Policy can be found on our website at https://www.st-gregorys.org.uk/useful-information/key-documents/
Contract type: Full time, permanent
Start date: September 2021
Salary: MPS + TLR 2.1 (£7,017 as at 1 September 2021)
Closing date: Sunday 7 March 2021 at midnight
Interviews: Week commencing 15 March 2021
Please note that due to the current situation with regard to COVID-19 interviews may have to take place remotely. Full details will be given in the invite to interview letter for shortlisted candidates.
Applicants are asked to submit their application to:
The HR Department by email to email@example.com
Applications can also be made online at www.TES.com
We are not currently able to accept postal applications at this time.
No other material (such as testimonials, résumés or CVs) will be considered during the selection process.
NB Viewers seeing this post advertised on Indeed should access the application pack and candidate information via the following link: