“When it came to choosing a sixth form our son had no doubt whatsoever that he wanted to stay on for a further two years at The New Sixth. He really felt the teachers valued him and wanted him to stay there. What a great decision he made as he has really enjoyed such a fantastic sixth form where he has worked hard and has felt supported.”
Sixth form parent
Discover life at The New Sixth
We are delighted that, in considering where to study after Year 11, you are looking at what The New Sixth has to offer.
The New Sixth Virtual Open Event is now live online and provides prospective students with a wealth of resources, films and information to support you as you consider your academic choices for A Level study. Our Open Event in the Autumn term is an opportunity to tour facilities and have subject discussions with course teachers. Full details of this will be available on the Online Open Event page.
Through this online platform, we have gathered together films and information to support you as you make the difficult decision of choosing a sixth form. We hope that you will gain a sense of the warmth and friendship you will find at our sixth form through your exploration of our Virtual Experience as well as details on how to register for a tour.
For information on applications to The New Sixth, please contact our Sixth Form Administrator, Mrs A Kinch, by email to email@example.com or telephone on 01225 838232.
Applying for a place
- All students in their final year at Saint Gregory’s and St Mark’s have an automatic place in the sixth form, provided they meet the entry requirements for a full-time programme of study.
- Places are also available to students of other schools who may wish to experience a new type of sixth form provision and who meet the requirements for a full-time course of study.
- Students should complete an application form and submit before the deadline. These are detailed below and on our Sixth Form Admissions page. Students at St Mark’s should contact their school for this information.
- Our one-to-one consultations in Terms 3 and 4, will provide an opportunity for students to share their ambitions and aspirations with our dedicated sixth form team so that they can learn more about students as individuals and their chosen study route, helping to personalise the sixth form journey and make it more relevant and meaningful.
- Conditional offers will be made to students, together with a guideline of the academic success required at GCSE to secure a place for September.
- You can speak to our sixth form team any time about bursary or scholarship funding to help support you in your post-16 studies, if appropriate.
Your Next Step to The New Sixth
The deadline for applications is the November of the academic year preceding your start date. Late places may be available so please get in touch if you wish to enquire after this date. You should make an application to us (even if you may still be considering your options) as this will help us to plan the range of courses on offer next year and ensure that timetabling can react appropriately to demand. We appreciate that a lot can happen and change between now and next September and by knowing your preferences as soon as possible enables us to support you through this journey.
Further information on how to apply can be found below or by speaking to anyone in the sixth form team.
For students who may be considering joining us from another school, we understand that this is a difficult decision and wish to support and reassure you that The New Sixth is a fantastic post-16 institution.
One of the best ways to truly know what a sixth form is like is to visit them and see them in action and, whilst our Online Open Event will only convey a small insight into our wonderful sixth form we hope to invite you to join us for a morning, afternoon, or a day (as convenient) to have the opportunity to sample A level lessons, as soon as feasibly possible. In our experience this is one of the best ways to work out both which subjects to study after GCSEs and to try somewhere new.
If you would like to take us up on this offer, please contact Mrs Kinch, our Sixth Form Administrator, with your subject preferences. We will then be in touch as soon as we can to confirm a visit with you or arrange a personalised meeting online. (E: firstname.lastname@example.org T: 01225 838232)
Mrs L Staves
Director of Sixth Form
Sixth Form Admissions Policies
Internal students can apply online here
External students can apply online here