We are seeking a professional and highly organised Clerk to Governors to join our supportive and friendly team on a part-time, term-time only basis.
This is a pivotal role over-seeing the administrative functions of our school’s governance team and ensuring that the business of the Governing Body and an associated group, the Camino Partnership, is conducted and clerked efficiently, effectively and with due regard to governance legislation and statutory practice guidance.
Knowledge of the clerking process would be a distinct advantage, however, is not essential, as training can be provided where necessary. Some hours can be worked flexibly each week, as agreed with the Chair of Governors and the school, however, attendance at evening meetings is essential.
Applications are invited from individuals who are currently either working as a Clerk to Governors or an exceptional administrator who is ready to take the next step in their career and can demonstrate:
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, maintaining confidentiality at all times;
- A passion for accuracy and attention to detail with excellent organisational skills;
- The capability to work independently with exemplary time management skills;
- Excellent IT skills and the ability to use Microsoft Office applications at a professional level, particularly Word and Excel;
- The ability to build and maintain professional working relationships with a wide range of stakeholders and personnel;
- A flexible and proactive attitude.
In return, the successful candidate can expect:
- Outstanding professional support;
- Comprehensive training opportunities;
- A vibrant and dynamic student body that deserves the very best in teaching and support;
- Flexible working arrangements;
- Access to the Local Government Pension Scheme;
- Free on-site parking
Contract type: Permanent, part time, term time only (Anticipated hours 14 per week but will depend on the meetings scheduled for both the St Gregory’s Governing Body and the Camino Partnership which will involve both day and evening hours)
Salary: New B&NES Grade 4 SCP 7-8 £6,243 – £6,368 (actual salary at 14 hours per week, effective from 1.4.2019)
Closing date: Friday 29 March 2019, 12:00 noon
Interviews: Week commencing 1 April 2019
If you would like to be a part of this successful and thriving school, and are a suitably qualified and highly motivated professional, we would like to hear from you. For an open conversation about the role and/or to arrange a visit prior to application with the Chair of Governors, please contact the Headmistress’ PA, Mrs Gormley, on 01225 838200 or email firstname.lastname@example.org to arrange a suitable time.
We are an equal opportunities employer and are committed to the safeguarding and welfare of our students and expect all staff to share this commitment. An enhanced disclosure from the Disclosure and Barring Service is required for all successful applicants.
Details of our Child Protection Policy can be found on our website at http://www.st-gregorys.org.uk/useful-information/key-documents/
Applications should be posted or emailed to Mrs Gormley, Saint Gregory’s, Combe Hay Lane, Odd Down, Bath, BA2 8PA. They may also be submitted by email to: email@example.com. Please note that we are unable to accept CVs.