We are seeking a professional and highly organised Clerk to Governors to join our supportive and friendly team.This is a pivotal role over-seeing the administrative functions of our school’s governance team and ensuring that the business of the Governing Body, is conducted and clerked efficiently, effectively and with due regard to governance legislation and statutory practice guidance.
Knowledge of the clerking process would be a distinct advantage, however, is not essential, as training can be provided where necessary. Some hours can be worked flexibly each week, as agreed with the Chair of Governors and the school, however, attendance at evening meetings is essential (currently held remotely due to COVID-19).
Applications are invited from individuals who are currently either working as a Clerk to Governors, an exceptional administrator or a well-organised, efficient professional, who is seeking a part-time, flexible position.
The successful candidate must demonstrate:
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, maintaining confidentiality at all times;
- Excellent IT skills and the ability to use Microsoft Office applications at a professional level, particularly Word and Excel;
- A passion for accuracy and attention to detail with excellent organisational skills;
- The ability to build and maintain professional working relationships with a wide range of stakeholders and personnel;
- A flexible and proactive attitude.
In return, the successful candidate can expect:
- Outstanding professional support;
- Comprehensive training opportunities;
- A vibrant and dynamic student body that deserves the very best in teaching and support;
- Flexible working arrangements;
- Access to the Local Government Pension Scheme;
- Free on-site parking
If you would like to be a part of this successful and thriving school, and are a suitably qualified and highly motivated professional, we would like to hear from you. For an open conversation about the role and/or to arrange a visit prior to application with the Headteacher please contact the Headteacher’s PA, Mrs Gormley, on 01225 838200 or email firstname.lastname@example.org to arrange a suitable time.
We are an equal opportunities employer and are committed to the safeguarding and welfare of our students and expect all staff to share this commitment. An enhanced disclosure from the Disclosure and Barring Service is required for all successful applicants.
Details of our Child Protection Policy can be found on our website at https://www.st-gregorys.org.uk/useful-information/key-documents/
Contract type: Permanent, part time, term time only (approximately 8 hours per week, primarily after school and evenings)
Salary: B&NES Grade 4 SCP 7-8 £20,092-£20,493 (actual salary £3,665 for 8 hours per week)
Start date: As soon as possible
Closing date: Midnight on Sunday 1 November 2020
Interviews: W/C 2 November 2020
Applications should be posted or emailed to Miss M Jackson, Saint Gregory’s, Combe Hay Lane, Odd Down, Bath, BA2 8PA. They may also be submitted by email to: email@example.com. Please note that we are unable to accept CVs.
NB Viewers seeing this post advertised on Indeed should access the application pack and candidate information through the ‘Apply on Company site’ or via the following link: