This week we were delighted to witness our Year 11 cohort collecting their GCSE results. These results are incredibly well-deserved and a testament to their hard work, resilience and determination. So many of the cohort will be joining us to continue their Saint Gregory’s journey into the sixth form where they will be studying a wide range of A Levels, following in the footsteps of our fantastic Year 13 who are now preparing to enter the wider world of university, higher level apprenticeships, art foundation and the workforce. We are also looking forward to welcoming our biggest cohort of external applicants who will be joining our vibrant sixth form.
This year’s results has seen a return to pre-pandemic grading and we are thrilled that so many of our students have achieved so much with 59% of results graded 5-9 and 75% graded 4-9. Yet again we have seen stunning results across all subjects, in particular Chemistry securing 53% of all grades at 9-7, Mandarin with 56% of all grades securing 9-7 and Music with 58% at the highly coveted 9-7.
Among those students securing the highest possible grades were:
- Rebecca with 8 GCSEs at grades 9-7, 6 at the highest possible grade 9
- Lottie with 11 GCSEs at grades 9-7, 6 at the highest possible grade 9 and a grade 8 in Further Maths
- Eva who achieved 10 GCSEs with 8 at grades 9-8
- Harry and Alissa who both secured 9 GCSEs with 8 at grades 9-7 and a grade 6 respectively. They also achieved a D2 in Enterprise and Marketing, equivalent to a grade 7 in GCSE
- Esther and Kendrix who both achieved 10 GCSEs, 9 of which were grades 9-7
We know that this cohort has been through so much and we cannot underestimate the impact of the pandemic but we are sure that they will rise to the challenge of post-GCSE options with the same determination. They are more than just their GCSE grades; they are young people who go out into the world as kind, considerate, forward-thinking people with a strong moral compass and who will be the ethical leaders of tomorrow.
We wish to particularly thank all of our dedicated staff, parents, carers and governors for all of the support, nurturing and encouragement given to our Year 11s; we know it takes a village to raise a child and we could not be prouder of all of our children.
Ann Cusack, Headteacher
Melissa George, Headteacher Designate