Parents, Teachers and Friends Association
Find us on Facebook: Saint Gregory’s Bath PTFA or
Email us at email@example.com
It’s bold to state that the Saint Gregory’s Parent Teacher and Friends Association is about hopes and aspirations as well as cakes and coffee mornings. But it is. It’s about the investment of a small amount of time, expertise or money meaning the whole community can reap the dividends. We have ambitious plans for the future and we genuinely believe that a strong parent support body is the best possible way for St Gregory’s to support your child’s education.
How we support Saint Gregory’s…
Projects that the PTFA have supported in the past include:
- Contribution to the construction of the sixth form, Gateway Building
- The purchase of five indoor table tennis tables
- Prize-giving rewards for students
- Contribution towards the purchase of all-weather table tennis tables
In 2019, the PTFA committee, in consultation with students, staff and senior leaders have committed to supporting:
- Sponsored the End of Year Rewards Day
- A donation to the Prom Committee to pay for a magician and balloon arch at their prom
- A new lighting desk for the Performing Arts team
- New chef’s shirts for the Food Technology students
- Specialist computers for the SEND faculty
All of these donations contribute enormously to supporting the teaching and learning at St Gregory’s, enriching the curriculum and our children’s great experiences of school and we want to have the funds to create more and more of them!
How you can help…
We would love you to be involved in your PTFA in any way you can and know that support comes in all sorts of shapes and sizes. Here are just a few ideas of what you can do, right now, to activate your membership:
Join in any of our PTFA meetings
We hold our meetings once a term, generally on a Tuesday evening, from 6-7pm to discuss forthcoming events at the school and how we can support, share ideas for fundraising or simply to welcome new parents/carers! Everyone is welcome, all we ask is that you let us know if you intend to join us so that we can make sure we have enough cups, saucers or wine glasses to go around!
Upcoming PTFA Events
Terms 1 & 2
Welcome drinks and nibbles – why not join us on Tuesday 22 October, after the Year 9 & 10 Engagement Evening from 7pm-8.00pm, for a warm welcome and to meet the PTFA team. This is an informal evening and a chance for you to socialise and meet other families within your child’s year group.
PTFA Meeting – Tuesday 12 November 6-7pm. Come along and find out what’s happening this year, what we’re raising money for and how you can help support.
Year 7 – 9 Disco – Friday 15 November 7-9pm. Volunteers needed for the evening to help set up and clear away. Please contact us if you can help out.
PTFA & Performing Arts Fundraiser of the Year – Friday 29 November 2019 7pm – late (SAVE THE DATE!)
We are looking for anyone who can help us with:
- Event catering – wine, cheese, a little bread, some olives?!
- Event equipment – tables, cloths, cutlery, cheese boards, serving dishes etc.
- Setting up / clearing away – generally helping out on the night to ensure the event runs smoothly!
- Donations for our Auction of Promises – Can you think of something you (or someone you know) might be able to offer for the auction – something you can make/bake or something you can do? Do you have anything you’d be willing to share – a boat, a bike, a kayak, a holiday home? Can you offer lessons – music, languages, sports? Are you an architect, tailor, solicitor, optometrist, accountant, garden designer, vet or dentist and could give some of your time or expertise for an auction prize. Are you able to offer beauty treatments, hair styling or children’s party services such as nail art or face painting? We’re hoping for a wide range of promises to buy and sell for the benefit of our students. It would be amazing to have some ‘big ticket’ items but anything you can offer will be greatly appreciated.
Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you can help!
Sign up to Easy Fundraising
Every time you spend money online through one of their partners (Sainsbury’s, Tesco, John Lewis, Booking.com, M&S etc.) they donate a small amount to your chosen charity. It’s basically FREE MONEY! If you normally shop in Sainsbury’s or Tesco for your weekly food, why not consider going online to order? You get your groceries delivered to your door and could raise up to 50p per order – that’s a whopping £26 per year! Consider if only half of our families did this and that would amount to £7,800 per year. If every family committed to it, we’d raise £15,600 for FREE!
Find out more by searching St Gregory’s PTFA Bath at: https://www.easyfundraising.org.uk/causes/stgregptfabath/
Donate your time
We are always on the look-out for willing volunteers or a helping pair of hands to help out at fundraising events. It’s not all tea, coffee, cake and wine! Sometimes it’s about sharing your journey with new families, welcoming prospective parents and carers to our community or simply offering your skills as a professional so that we and the school can benefit from your knowledge and expertise. Email us at email@example.com for more information or just to let us know you’re interested!
Donate your money
We understand that, for some parents and carers, they would rather give a one-off donation or monthly donation to the PTFA. We are working towards a new scheme to facilitate donations easily and effectively, also allowing us to claim Gift Aid on your donations and we hope this will be launched soon. If you’re interested in supporting through a regular donation, please get in touch via email firstname.lastname@example.org.
We’re keen to develop mutually beneficial partnerships with local businesses and would love to hear from you if you own a business or if you work for a company that provides support to local charities. This could be in the form of:
TIME – some companies offer charitable schemes donating their employees for projects;
FINANCIAL – some companies will donate for specific projects to enhance school communities or facilities;
GOODS & SERVICES – many businesses will donate to raffles and auctions helping us to raise funds through events.
If you are a business, or you know of a business that may help, please get in touch. We would love to fill this newsletter with the St Gregory’s PTFA official sponsors’ logos and thank them publicly for their support of our school.
Tickets are now on sale for the Years 7-9 disco on Friday 15 November 2019. Tickets can only be purchased in advance (no tickets available on the door) via Scopay (online payments) or via Main Reception
Our first PTFA meeting of the year will be held on Tuesday 8 October from 6pm in the Bond Pavilion (the large conservatory style building next to main reception!) Come along and find out what’s happening this year, what we’re raising money for and how you can help support.
A big warm welcome to our new parents and carers! The PTFA will be hosting a brief ‘wine and nibbles’ event after the forthcoming Year 7 & 8 Engagement Evening on Tuesday 1 October from 7pm – 8pm in the school hall.